Until it's a hockey stick I guess I have to keep thinking and working...
good morning indeed
It is truly special to see nothing but blank screen to think in the morning.
If John were to want to code up a storm then I would go down to LA to help if that would help... or get him up here... that would make us happy, ok?
- I can start by creating some kind of helpdocs.
- Folks don't even know to double click the background to create a new note for instance.
- what else don't folks know?
They log in
They must create a log in themselves in order to play, but they can't move my notes...
I WANT A HIT
If one of unamerican designs somehow "goes viral" and that brand gets revived then we will be happy, ok?
make an Unamerican space
and then post that Unamerican space to the unamerican facebook so folks can get into it?
TINYVOX - three paths
* Faraj? still at doejo or independent?
* Call Marc P?
* Say hi to Roman on LinkedIn?
I want my projects to start working together... using tinyvox and metanotes to promote unamerican and unamerican's success to promote metanotes and tinyvox.
scared of taxes on last year's losses
i am going to have to handle the tax thing by calling the tax service and I don't know what is going on with the IRS because of having sold that stock last year, and then lost... what the fuck... i am truly afraid there, huh? What if I owe money for having sold those stocks, and then I lost all that money, and that means that I will owe more than I have???? oh fuck
Nothing else matters
Other than getting more designs up to unamerican so that there are 1000 designs up there, a thousand points of light....
That's what I get paid to do, the triggering of emotions....
What’s awe? It’s quite simply something remarkable. Something that people can’t resist commenting on. This can be in the form of a story, a real-life event, or it can also be something as simple as an exhaustive list of 101 links to helpful resources.
See this Twitter Tips page as an example.
When you piss people off, they’ll work hard attain justice. They’ll talk about it on Twitter, write blog posts, and more.
How can you trigger anger? All you have to do is challenge someones beliefs and it’s a sure-thing.
See the Content is King Myth Debunked as an example.
(Note, I don’t recommend you piss people off for fun all the time. It’s a bad marketing strategy).
People hate anxiety. What creates anxiety? If you’re writing content that talks about potentially losing out on something, that’s one way. People hate losing things they have.
See the #1 Conversion Killer in Web Design as an example.
Fear is one of the biggest motivators on Earth. It targets the reptilian brain, and people can’t resist but take action when motivated with fear.
What’s an example of fear? You can make people worry that they’re making mistakes they’re unaware of. You can also target the fear of loss (aka limited quantities).
As an example, see the article How Images Improve—Or Destroy—Conversion Rates
What makes people happy? There’s loads of things. It can be something funny, inspiring, or anything that’s positively uplifting.
One of my favorite ways to target the “joy” emotion is by telling a story from my life that I know people can connect with. It really takes advantage of nostalgia and bonds with people who read it.
As an example, you might remember the article where I told the story about my dad and chess.
People can lust for more than just sex. They can lust after money, results, women, men, or anything like that. To target that, you simply need to tantalize readers with potential results.
While I don’t have examples of lust in action at Social Triggers, I’m sure you get the idea :-).
What surprises people? Anything that goes against their expectations. You can challenge assumptions, and prove them wrong. You can share new ways of doing things, or share results of personal tests.
Overall, this is one of the main high-arousal feelings I target with Social Triggers because it works great. As an example, take a look at my previous article “The Problem with Fast Loading Websites.”
- I can tantalize folks with unamerican's obvious results.
- i can fix my legacy of brutality into a future of awesome.
- It's something I can do all by myself because I can't code myself anything other than unamerican.
- unamerican is the only thing that makes money anyway, even if it's hypothetical.
- Unamerican can plausibly become a hit again and has at least a few comrades that can help me with traction.
- If unamerican can go viral then there is a basis for popularity again.
- Maybe unamerican going viral will make tinyvox and metanotes go viral too?
- There are many angles for adding more fun to unamerican.
- I really did miss all those audience folks, huh?
- Ultimately I want all of those folks to become a cadre that lets me launch this properly.